Friday, December 5, 2008

Curried Chickpea Salad

I had a craving for Bombay Salad... a great dish from the long defunct Riverside Café at Queen and Broadview. This was one of my all-time favorite restaurants, right up there with the also defunct Yuki.  Riverside had an amazing variety of mussles on the menu, at-least twenty, and I was steadily working my way through the list when the chef left. Sadly, it was all down hill until they closed their doors.


This recipe was close, so I modified it slightly based on what I remember. The original was served in a crispy papadam bowl. I've never seen that at the market but someone must sell them. I omitted the tomato, added golden raisins, and replaced the grapes with green apple.

It looks kinda beige and bland in the picture, but the mix of sweet, sour, tart, crunchy and squishy make it a real mouth extravaganza. Oh, and it tastes good.



No comments: