Thursday, May 1, 2008

Midtown womb room

Julie introduced me to this Ino' ish find Neighbourhoody, comfy, lots of cheeses, good wine, eat and drink at the bar, and... in mid-town NYC. This place is a nice little womb room to relax and eat and drink. Since I always end up in hotels in mid-town lately and am somehow not getting the usual 2 to 3 day gastronomic cushion for new york treats, efficiency has been unusually important and Casellula is the answer when you can't get to the village. Nice little bar snack of Juan Rojo dry fully bodied delicious red with two cheeses recommended by the fromagier of Ossau Iraty french sheep cheese with olive tapenade and Lieb rot cow cheese from Bavaria Germany creamy and slightly stinky with an interesting coffee marshallow thing and followed with a morcilla sausage and roasted pepper crostini. The day before, I had their pigs ass sandwich which was some hot ass. While I waited for a taxi to the airport, I ordered my vodka with o/j on the side, and my theory was happily validated to get a full rocks glass of vodka and a side of o/j. Next thing I knew I woke up on landing in Toronto.

No comments: