Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oyster Detour


Last Friday, Prosecco and I were on the streetcar heading to a sketchy craigslist meeting when fate intervened, canceling the meeting, and dropping us off right in front of Rodney's. There's no point arguing with fate, so we headed in for a round of drinks and oysters while we waited for Fusilli and C. to join the party.

If I haven't said it before, I love oysters.... except the big ones. I almost choked to death on a fancy Malpec once – imagine trying to swallow a tongue. So now I just stick to the small ones that don't fight back on the way down. They're alive you know, and probably a little bit pissed about how things have turned out.

After oysters, I always have a shrimp cocktail. Is there anything better?

3 comments:

Lois Kim said...

It was a very good detour, indeed.

I don't like to think of the oysters as being alive as they slide down my throat, though.

Scampi said...

No comment on the fresh grated horseradish! Shame... I'd never had fresh horseradish before going here and now I'm forever in their debt...

Broccoli said...

Good point... the cocktail sauce is loaded with fresh horseradish.

Also, sitting at the bar allows a front row seat on the h-grating action. And let me tell you... it's hot. Get it, hot? Ha!