Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Recession Reds – Primativo


This whole global economic meltdown thing is such a buzz killer. For the the next two years we're all supposed to be responsible, save more money and refrain from rioting in the streets. You know, I've never been to a riot... but then again I've never been invited.

In terms of saving money, I'm doing my part by (trying) not to spend more than $15 on a bottle of wine. Not as easy as it sounds, especially when the Liquor Barn seems to carry a lot of wines well above $20. On Tuesday I hit he LB and here's one that I found – ANGIÒ ARCHEO PRIMITIVO 2006 for $12.95. It's not incredible, but it's a great Wednesday wine... a really fruity punch in the mouth. If it was under $10 I'd buy a case.

On a totally unrelated note, this wine goes really well with the sound track to Saturday Night Fever.

No comments: