Sunday, February 1, 2009

EAT! EAT RIGHT NOW!


The words of my Italian dinner preparer as he runs out of the kitchen serving me a bowl of pasta carbonara, and as I'm yapping to my roommate. "What's the deal with the yelling?", I'm thinking. I'll dig into my pasta just as soon as we finish discussing the state of her dating escapades. And then again: "EAT!!" Fine, I shove a warm forkful of luscious yellow-coated creamy goodness in my mouth. Mmmm good. But then, the next subsequent bites are kinda cold. That's the deal with carbonara, I learned. You have to eat it *right* when it's served, piping hot. Because by the time you finish listening to a story about another bad date your roommate's been on, it's over. Pasta's cold. Lesson learned. Next time, I will eat my carbonara as I'm told, exactly when it's served. One other lesson learned- I always thought carbonara contained milk or cream, which it does not. When I watched my dinner preparer making it, I noticed eggs, salt, pepper and grated parmigiano. Oh, and some bacon thrown in for good measure because everything is better with bacon.

No comments: