Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cookie Bars & Portion Control


Okay, in my defense, I did have a large mache salad for lunch today. But after a very late night last night and it being frightfully cold YET AGAIN in Chicago, I decided to stay in tonight and warm up my apartment by baking. I love making these cookie bars.  It's so easy, one 9 x 13 pan, semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, 12 minutes in the oven and voila...a giant cookie. I'm not above grabbing a fork and eating it straight from the pan, but since I have two friends getting married this year, one in a tropical location and one that will involve a wedding/reception chock full of firemen (YAY!), I decided to do portion control and eat one bar at a time spread out over many days and not many hours. 

4 comments:

KDS said...

that's a supreme amount of self-control. i plowed through a dozen cookies sent to me during the holidays in like four days!

Cupcake said...

"Plowed through..." Love it. Firemen that's where the power for the self-control comes from...a room full of firemen at a wedding. Think about it.

Broccoli said...

H.O.T... sizzle... as you always say.

Lois Kim said...

Jill, these are so *perfectly* cut. How graphic designerly of you, applying your vast knowledge of grids. hee hee!