Friday, February 20, 2009

From the Pantry: Tuna Noodle Casserole


So my new fabulous lifestyle as a Recessionista has found me going through my pantry of sorts to see what's in stock and then looking online to see what all of those ingredients might make. I tend to be a girl that goes more towards comfort food when looking for a recipe.  I was born and raised in Nebraska...land of comfort food and the birthplace of the Reuben sandwich...I heart comfort food.  I have a few bags of egg noodles in various shapes and sizes left over from a chicken, peas, mashed potatoes and noodle recipe I make in the fall/winter, and an abundance of cans of tuna...due to a sale and of course my comfort friend, cheese.  So what recipe did I find: Cheddar Tuna Casserole.  I think it's the grated parmesan cheese and the chopped pimiento that I love about it.  The pimiento might be there just for color, but I love buying an ingredient I normally wouldn't! 

No comments: