Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Omaha, somewhere in middle America...



I traveled to Omaha, Nebraska (my hometown) this past 4 day weekend to see my Mom.  My Dad was out of town on his annual fishing trip to Oh, Canada. So it was a Girls' Weekend of shopping, eating, drinking, movie watching, Nebraska Cornhuskers & Chicago Bears football and relaxing. One of my favorite things to do when I am home, besides hang out at Mom & Dad's house, is to head to the Old Market. Mom and I ventured down on Saturday morning for the Omaha Farmer's Market, we bought croissants and blue cheese bread from Le Quartier's booth and yummy tomatoes from another. We then went to one of our favorite places for lunch in the Old Market, M's Pub. It was pretty chilly, so no alfresco dining for us. We stayed warm starting with an appetizer of one of "M's Renowned Baked Dishes". There are 3 choices of shrimp scampi, escargot or our choice, mushrooms.  They serve it in a small casserole dish and fill each spot with garlic butter and mushrooms and then melt Havarti cheese on the top of it. We couldn't wait for a picture to be taken of the Baked Dish...we know how delicious it is... 

3 comments:

Lois Kim said...

Girl, are you still on vacay?? Can I have your life?

Cupcake said...

My company was open over Labor Day weekend...so we had the 4th & 8th of September off. I'm back to work now ;o)

spark77 said...

M's Pub is delish!