Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gourmet Burger Company



I read a review of this new burger place in Cabbage Town, and I really liked the sound of the Aussie burger – lettuce, tomatoes, fried egg, pineapple, bacon, beets, regular cheddar & mayo. It sounds like it would be so much stuff that you couldn't taste anything, but it really works. The sweet potato fries were awesome too... perfectly crispy.

Normally I would compare this burger to every other burger, especially my current favorite, the In-N-Out Burger. Instead I kept thinking about the slow roasted beef brisket at Black Camel. I think my problem with a burger in general is the ground beef. It's just not as nice as the slow roasted, fall apart, juicy goodness of something like brisket. I guess that's an unfair comparison, but texture is everything.

2 comments:

Cupcake said...

I thought the Black Camel had closed? Did they just move locations??? If they are back open...hot damn! Next time I'm in Toronto, that'll be a definite food stop!

Lois Kim said...

Nooooo, not closed. The Rosedale location is still there. It's just that one downtown that shut down. Thank GOD one is still open!