Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mega Salad



I went out to my favorite local lunch spot today. First, because it was warm enough to venture outside for the first time in a while.

Side note: Heated car seats are perhaps the greatest cold weather comfort ever invented. The problem is, you can't drive everywhere. So I'm throwing out this idea... heated pants. Imagine that feeling when you put on your pants, fresh from the dryer. Not so hot that the rivets in your jeans burn you, just that toasty warm feeling that puts a silly grin on your face. Now imagine your waiting for the street car with toasty warm pants in the midddle of winter.

The second reason I went out for lunch is to prove to Prosecco that salads rule! Observe—The Mega Salad! Tell me you wouldn't want to eat that! Grilled chicken, red leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber, shredded carrots, shredded beets, pumpkin seeds, sun flower seeds and wheat grass. All topped with a hemp seed vinaigrette.

2 comments:

Mausi said...

I like your idea of heated pants. In Japan, we have this disposable self heating pack which you can stick to your clothes. (I am sorry I can't explain well but it is made of iron powder and it heat up itself in a little package) so I stick it to my butt between my underwear and pants. It keeps my butt warm :-)
The salad looks gorgeous by the way!

Broccoli said...

Awesome... I need that! I'm sure someone, somewhere is working on a pants-sized version to keep us all warm in the winter.