Friday, November 14, 2008

Intermission


You can't spend the entire time in NYC eating – trust me I've tried. You have to build up your appetite by walking, shopping and seeing all the amazing, weird and random things the city has to offer. When you're not eating, check out the incredible collection at the MoMA. I wish I'd started on the top floor, which I assume is the permanent collection, because they had incredible work I've never seen in person. Can you believe that Henri Rousseau was painted in 1910?


Walking around, you're guaranteed to see and stumble on things that will make you laugh. That fancy poodle lived in the fancy apartments next to the MoMA. That firehouse in Tribeca is where they filmed Ghost Busters!


By far, my favorite place to build up an appetite is the Museum of Natural History. They have the most amazing collection, and the dioramas will blow your mind. The Hall of Biodiversity alone is worth the price of admission. Look at incredible variety of species. You get hungry just looking at it, thinking of how many you've eaten, and which are your favorites. Mmmm, time for lobster rolls.

No comments: