Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chicken and Tomato Favalad

Okay, last post with fava beans for the year. It's just that I can't resist when I walk into the market and they have a big basket of these beauties.


This dish was created on the fly as I rushed to get ingredients before the market closed. Considering the ad hoc collection ingredients I brought home, this turned out really well. It's probably best I left the beets and bananas for another dish.

Final ingredients: Fava beans, garlic, tomato, mint and pecorino. Saute the garlic, add white wine, then add the blanched fava beans when the liquid has reduced. Heat through and then set aside. Once it's cooled a bit, add tomatoes, mint and pecorino. A splash of lemon and vinegar is all it needs before heading to the plate. Fan the sliced chicken if you're feeling fancy.

BTW - The recipe for feeling fancy is a gin & tonic, with a splash of campari.


No comments: