Sunday, July 20, 2008

They ain't shrimp, they prawns.

I love to BBQ. It's been more than 5 years since I've had a Q so I've made up for it by cooking almost every meal since the second I could haul that badboy outta the shed this spring. Certainly a highlight this year was the Wild Gulf shrimp that Rob tipped me off to at T&J's Seafood We soaked em in some Italian dressing for about 20 mins and then tossed em on the barbie for about 2 mins a side. Perfect. It's like lobster without the hassle. This is what Charcoal Steakhouse should be serving instead of their crappy $13 shrimp cocktail. Chumps.
Oh yeah, speaking of cocktail (haha) sauce... we found fresh horseradish which I've never had before which made the sauce so much better. In addition to this we bbq'd up some bruschetta seen here:

No comments: