Wednesday, July 1, 2009

To New Friends


Vacation isn't just about freedom from socks. It's about getting out of your routine and seeing things from a new perspective. It's about meeting people and making new friends. Meet my new friend – Tanqueray No. 10. He/she is a delightful companion, rarely dull and always welcome in our home.

On our last night in London we stopped in for a snack at Maze, one of the many Gordon Ramsay restaurants in a growing franchise. I think our lovely bartenderess mentioned 14 in London alone.

The food was excellent, but what I really took to was the Gin Martini. Using a vaporizer, the bartenderess spritzed ice cubes in a shaker with vermouth before adding the Tanqueray. That's when I put up my hand, and asked what exactly was going on. After an explanation, I ordered my own. The first sip tasted like a perfect oyster, and it just got better from there.

To new friends!

2 comments:

Lois Kim said...

I'm so in love with Tanqueray Ten.

Lois Kim said...

One more thing– I just learned that Genevieve Gorder (of 'Trading Spaces' fame and now the show 'Dear Genevieve' on HGTV) used to be a graphic designer and she worked at an agency where she designed the Tanqueray Ten bottle!