Saturday, March 7, 2009

Windy City Weekend


Last weekend, we hopped a plane (Porter) to Chicago to see some family, friends, and of course, eat some *food*. Tempted by this post over on Elizabites, Cupcake and I decided to meet up for lunch to sample the nest of truffle oil french fries at Farmerie 58 for ourselves. We both had the two course lunch, but opted for the half sandwich option, of which I got the arugula salad and the burger. Did you know that a burger is considered a sandwich?? Nice and juicy, served on a ciabatta bun. And the fries! I had to control myself from scooping the entire pile into my face. Crispy, salty little matchsticks that are like Hickory Sticks but waaaaaay better. I'm proud to say I finished every single one and it's a good thing that Cupcake took us on a digestive walking architetural tour afterward because there was more eating to be had in this city… coming soon.

No comments: