Monday, June 23, 2008

Aloha, Mr. Mai Tai - on Kauai!*




I've been invited to be the "foreign correspondent" to the infamous Broccoli & Prosecco blog. So I'll be reporting on my culinary and cocktail adventures in Chicago and wherever my vacations and/or life takes me.  The pictures above are from my big brother's destination wedding in Kauai. If you ever get the chance to visit the "Garden Island" I highly, highly recommend.  The cocktail is a Mai Tai in a v. special glass (probably for the tourists) from Keoki's Paradise at the Poipu Shopping Village at Poipu Beach.  The Tropical Parfait (fresh seasonal fruits layered with Kauai granola and low-fat yogurt) was my daily breakfast poolside at Kukui's Poolside Restaurant and Bar at the Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club in Lihue.  At least I could start my day healthy and not feel too guilty about the other amazing food I would devour the rest of the day.  Oh and forgive, please, I'm still getting used to my first digital camera.  I bought it for the wedding!  Mahalo!  


*Thanks Mrs. B. for the line!

No comments: